For a bolder bride or one that already has a well-equipped kitchen, a lingerie party may be more appropriate than a traditional shower. Here are some “BUTT-er Cookies” that I baked for my friend’s bachelorette/bridal weekend. As a fun activity, I left them naked (hehehe) and let the guests decorate them with panties made of icing and sprinkles.
BUTTer COOKIES RECIPE
(adapted from Baking Illustrated)
Makes 36 cookies
2 1/2C all-purpose flour
3/4C superfine sugar
16T butter, cut into 1/2″ squares and softened
2t vanilla extract
2T cream cheese, room temperature
- Mix flour, sugar, and salt at low speed.
- Add butter 1 piece at a time. Mix until crumbly (~1 min).
- Add vanilla and cream cheese. Mix until dough forms large clumps (~30 sec).
- Knead the dough by hand for 2-3 turns.
- Divide the dough in half and pat into 4″ disks.
- Wrap in plastic and refridgerate until firm (~20 min).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place one disk between 2 sheets of parchment paper and roll to 1/4″ thickness.
- Slide the rolled dough and parchment onto a baking sheet. Refridgerate until firm (~10 min).
- Repeat with second disk.
- Cut the rolled dough with a heart-shaped cookie cutter. Use a sharp paring knife to trim off the bottom 1/3 of each heart.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Place trimmed hearts onto lined sheet about 1 1/2″ apart.
- Dough scraps can be patted together, chilled, and rerolled once.
- Bake until cookies are light golden brown (~10 min) and cool on a wire rack.
Merry Kitchen extras: parchment paper