Teddy’s Kindergarten class had their first field trip last week–a visit to the pumpkin patch! His favorite part of the day was the tractor ride…and lunch of course. 🙂 We were instructed to pack a “sack lunch” which meant that everything had to be DISPOSABLE.
Could a bento mama do without her usual supplies?!? No sweat. Luckily I’m a bit of a hoarder.
SACK LUNCH BENTO PREP
- Lunch Box: Instead of the usual bento box, I cleaned out the HIllshire Farms plastic container which the ham came in and added some doodles & stickers. SAY NO TO CRUSHED SAMMIES!
- Sandwich: Ham & cheese sandwich jack o’ lantern using cookie & aspic cutters
- Veggie: Disposable liner from Daiso filled with carrot slices cut into pumpkin shapes
- Dip: Ranch dressing in a lidded sauce container (saved from Chinese takeout)
- Fruit: Cutie with a jack o’ lantern doodle
- Treat: Halloween trail mix in a treat pouch
DIY GEL PACK INSTRUCTIONS
- Grab a snack-sized Ziplock baggie
- Add 1 cup water
- Add 1/2 cup rubbing alcohol
- A little bit of food coloring
- Seal & double bag it!
- Doodle away
- Freeze overnight
And here’s a little experiment I conducted to make sure using a Sharpie on a cutie would be ok:
No ink bled through. Yay! So doodle away on those lunchbox cuties, fellow mamas.