We have a new addition to the family! Our very own furry baby Olivia. We’ve been pretty busy getting her settled in, but I made a special dog bento today to celebrate her adoption and T-bone’s puppy love.
PUPPY DOG BENTO TOOLS
In addition to Merry Kitchen basics, I also used:
PUPPY DOG BENTO INGREDIENTS
- Chicken drumstick (recipe below!)
- Rice ball
WAIPO’S CHICKEN DRUMSTICK RECIPE
This is my mother’s recipe for braised chicken drumsticks. It’s so easy that we have it on heavy rotation and my kids love it. Even our little 3yo can plow through 2 drummies in a meal! And yes, we’re Asian and prefer dark meat…I’ve not cooked a chicken breast in 10+ years.
- 4T dark soy sauce (You won’t get the right flavor with regular.)
- Few slices ginger (I love forgivingly flexible recipes!)
- 6-8 chicken drumsticks
- 2T cooking wine
- 1T sugar
- 1 1/2C water
- Fill medium pot with dark soy sauce and ginger. Boil on high for 5 seconds.
- Add drumsticks, turning each in the soy sauce to coat.
- Add cooking wine, sugar, and water.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 30 minutes until meat is tender.
- Tear off a few strips, cool, and rinse for your favorite dog.